Easy Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich For 4th Of July
This mouthwatering cookie ice cream sandwich makes an awesome 4th of July dessert that’ll have everybody at the party celebrating.
Summer is officially here and we all know what that means. Bring on the summer parties, pool days and of course, 4th of July celebrations. That also means we’ll need some fun 4th of July desserts. In the past I’ve made everything from red, white & blue cheesecake cookies to cream cheese stuffed strawberries. Some are even healthy like these pretty watermelon snacks.
This cookie ice cream sandwich is one of my favorites though. The cookies are made with cake mix, making them taste even sweeter, and once you add the ice cream they’re totally over the top delish! I think I could have these for dessert every night (and my kids would be right there with me).
If you’re looking for a 4th Of July treat that’ll be the hit of the party, just serve these ice cream cookie sandwiches!
Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
Start by mixing a box of confetti or white cake mix with baking powder and corn starch.
In a smaller bowl, mix eggs, oil and vanilla.
Add the wet mixture to the cake mix and stir until smooth.
Add a teaspoon of red food coloring.
Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet.
Bake 8-10 minutes and cool completely.
Let ice cream sit out for a couple minutes to soften.
Spread 2-3 scoops of ice cream over a cookie, then top with a second cookie.
Roll in blue sprinkles or just sprinkle them on by hand.
Freeze until ready to serve.
You’d better grab one before they’re gone. These desserts are so delish that they won’t last long!
I love these for summer parties and especially for 4th of July get-togethers! The red, white and blue is so festive & pretty!
Easy Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
This mouthwatering cookie ice cream sandwich makes a delicious 4th of July dessert that’ll have everybody at the party celebrating.
- 1 box confetti or white cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 2 eggs
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Red food coloring
- Blue sprinkles
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside
- In a small bowl, mix eggs, oil and vanilla
- Add wet mixture to cake mix and stir until smooth
- Add 1 tsp. red food coloring
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet
- Bake 8-10 minutes and allow to cool before transferring to a wire rack
- Make sure all cookies are completely cool before adding the ice cream
- Remove ice cream from freezer and let sit for a few minutes to soften slightly.
- Add 2-3 scoops of ice cream to each cookie and spread so that cookie is covered.
- Top with a second cookie to create a sandwich.
- You can roll the sides of the sandwich in the sprinkles or just sprinkle them on by hand.
- Place sandwiches in freezer until ready to serve.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 114 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 36mg Sodium: 81mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 5g Protein: 2g
How perfect are these for the steamy hot days of summer? What are some of your favorite summer or 4th Of July treats?
If you liked this cookie ice cream sandwich recipe, you might want to check these out too…
4th Of July Marshmallow Treats
The post Easy Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich For 4th Of July appeared first on Fun Money Mom.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.