Looking for the perfect Christmas drink? This Vanilla Spiced Eggnog is a delicious way to ring in the holidays!
This post contains affiliate links.
There are so many things to love about the holidays. There’s the holiday decor, Christmas cookies for Santa and of course, Christmas cocktails. However, if there’s one drink that has Christmas written all over it, it’s eggnog! It’s a holiday staple and now were shaking things up a bit with a vanilla spiced eggnog.
Vanilla Spiced Eggnog
This spiced eggnog is the perfect way to serve friends and family when they come to visit. The best part is that you can make it the night before so it’s good to go when you want it.
While this is a non-alcoholic version, I won’t tell if you want to add a little something extra. That’s probably what I’ll be doing too!
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 vanilla bean (seeds from teh bean)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 1/2 cups milk
For The Topping
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Let eggs sit at room temperature for 30 minutes
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- Stirring constantly, heat heavy cream, milk, vanilla and vanilla bean seeds over medium to medium-high heat in a heavy saucepan.
- When mixture heats to a soft boil, turn heat to low.
- Take a ladle and slowly pour a ladle of the milk mixture into the egg mixture and whisk until well blended.
- Add another ladle of the milk mixture and whisk again.
- Pour egg mixture into saucepan with milk texture.
- Stirring constantly, cook eggnog for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- For best results, refrigerate overnight.
For The Topping
- Mix cream cheese and two tablespoons of heaving cream, blending until smooth and creamy. (A stand mixer works best for this)
- Add remaining heavy cream and powdered sugar and use the whisk attachment of the blender (on low speed) to combine ingredients until they’re well blended.
- Scrape sides of mixing bowl and continue to mix on low speed.
- Turn mixer to high and beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form and hold their shape (approximately one minute).
- Place mixing bowl with the whipped cream in refrigerator.
- Fill (6) 6-8 oz coffee mugs or glasses 3/4’s full with eggnog.
- Add whipped cream on top, level with the top of each glass.
- Holding stencil over whipped cream, sprinkle cinnamon through the stencil to create the design on top of the whipped cream. (You can also substitute cocoa for this part)
- Serve and enjoy!
For best results, make ahead of time and refrigerate overnight so eggnog is completely chilled. Whipped cream can also be made ahead of time and refrigerated or it can be made just before serving. Serve with a cookie on the side.
Canned whipped cream can also be substituted but won’t hold up as well, since this recipe makes a stabilized whipped cream that won’t fall as quickly.
The stenciled designs are what really set this drink apart. I think I may just have to have to stencil all my coffee drinks now…it just looks so beautiful!
Pair these drinks with some Christmas cookies and you’ve got the perfect combination.
If you’ve been looking for the perfect eggnog recipe, this spiced eggnog will be your new favorite!
Who will you be sharing your eggnog with for the holidays this year?
Want more awesome holiday ideas? You’ll want to check these out…