Yoga is an ancient school of meditation based on the combination of different physical postures and breathing techniques for improvement of your overall physical and mental health. It has its origin some thousands of years ago in the East and now is practices throughout the world in different forms. Bikram yoga is one of the styles of Hatha yoga that is very popular in the United States of America.
A cure-all treatment for chronic diseases
Bikram yoga is an effective yoga posture that has been proven to cure some chronic ailments– high blood pressure, depression, weight loss and many more if practiced under the guidance of a good trainer. It is a hot yoga which is taught in studious specially manufactured with the necessary temperature and humidity factors maintained. According to a survey, yoga is the sixth alternative remedial therapy among the Americans. Each Bikram yoga session lasts for 90 minutes. If you are living in a hot and humid climate you may have a similar feeling inside the studios designed for this particular yoga form. Also you can practice the poses in a patio or backyard. Bikram Yoga consists of 26 poses that energizes your glands and nerves that improves your quality of life.
A few things to remember for Bikram Yoga poses:
- Heat is the key factor for this yoga. Before you start, make sure that the area of practice should be heated to 100 degree Fahrenheit. Using space heaters you can achieve expected result. To get the effect of both heat and humidity, it is best to use your bathroom for practice. Use the space heater and turn on the shower to fill the tub. Doing that you will make the area hot and humid.
- In case you are unable to make your practice area hot and humid you can wear warm up clothes for practice.
- If you practice in a cooler room your movements should be gentler. If you are doing it in a hot room breathe deeper.
- Do not eat anything 2-3 hours before starting Bikram yoga poses.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your internal organs hydrated.
- If you have any chronic ailment, you should consult a doctor before you venture on Bikram yoga.
Some important poses of Bikram Yoga and their benefits:
UTKATASANA- It cures diseases like arthritis and rheumatism and makes the muscles of your limbs strong. It also cures muscle aches or cramps, slip disc problems and lower spine problems.
TULADANDASANA- It relieves stress of your spine and varicose veins. It improves blood circulation in the cardiac, digestive and nervous systems. It increases your physical and mental power and also gives you a better posture.
BHUJANGASANA– It cures rheumatism, lumbago and spinal arthritis. This asana tones your muscles and corrects your posture. It also boosts the function of liver and spleen thus enhancing your appetite. It cures menstrual problems.
Spending a few hours in various Bikram Yoga poses can relieve you from your chronic ailments and improve your quality of life because yoga is not merely an alternative method of treatment but a way to better living!